- September 12, 2017 - October 31, 2017
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Facilitating a group is part science, part craft.
This evening course has the skills, strategies and tools
that will make you a more effective facilitator.
WHY DO IT?
Learn to be an effective leader of groups
Get useful approaches practical and practical tools to help you
- Manage your team and keep them involved.
- Lead pleasant, and productive brainstorming and strategic planning sessions, AGMs, seminars and committee meetings.
- Deliver effective training workshops.
- Expand your skills to new arenas and more challenging group types.
Dave Dunn and Connect the Dots are partnering to deliver a training course to give ideas, processes, and practical tips for working with groups.
This course aims to provide you with a fundamental grounding in group facilitation skills enabling you to act as a expert facilitator in a multitude of settings, including meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, strategic planning sessions, learning courses and more. It will be an experiential learning environment offering:
- practical and pragmatic tools and methods: exercises, activities, dos and don’ts
- the key concepts of working with groups: what to think about, and how
- a self reflective space for the participants professional development
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Dave Dunn has been facilitating groups since 2007, mostly in leadership development and mental health / wellbeing interventions. Whilst he is strong in facilitating youth groups and young adults, he is not averse to the likes of strategic planning sessions, conferences, AGMs, and MC-ing open mic sessions.
He is also involved in other group related projects such as: with creative events group Queens of Neon; the Inbetweeners and Carnival of the Impossible at the EarthSong Camps; part the Dublin Flea Market team; providing business therapy support to startup entrepreneurs; and managing mayhem at the Love Olympics.
Dave Dunn is organised and playful.
WHAT THEY SAY
It’s got the exercises to be successful and the tricks to disarm.
It gives you confidence and will greatly improve your skills of achieving the best outcome of any conversation, brainstorm, meeting or conflict resolution. Brilliant!
Sharon Green, Queens of Neon
Once you start, you realise how much in life is facilitating and being facilitated.
Marc Rafferty, Alchemy Marketing
It’s a safe space to learn and discover your own facilitation style in your own time.
Aimee Banks, Hubspot
Brilliant course for the tools and practice of facilitation. Also great fun.
Richard Harris, Big O Media