- Drawing 12 August
August 12, 2017
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
2ND SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH
- You’ll learn how to get started with observational drawing and what are the main steps to build up your abilities.
- Understand how our vision works, what make us see volume so that you can improve your ability to observe.
- Concretely understand contrast, depth and 3D illusion tricks.
- Know how to see the main axis and shape of the object-model better.
- Explore a variety of ways to handle the pencil to shade, and try different ways of using a pencil, an eraser, a piece of cloth, using different actions to obtain various textural effects.
The course will start with short essential technical exercises on paper then will focus on observational sketches (mainly fruit and vegetables).
Suitable for complete Beginners as well as for people who want to catch up on concrete explanations and on helpful, easy to understand and solid drawing technique basis and tricks.
All the material will be provided (wooden drawing boards, mechanical sharpener, transparent rulers, table easels, drawing clips, HB and 6B pencils, 9B graphite sticks, white A3 drawing paper, erasers, pieces of cloth)
TUTOR: Lili Heller
Born in 1981 in France, Lili Heller is a professional Visual Artist based in Dublin. She has a studio at Richmond Road Studios. She also has over fifteen years experience as an Art teacher for children, teenagers and adults.
She obtained her Visual Arts Masters in 2004 in the Ecole Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Marseille (France). In 2005, she then received a Masters of Theoretical Art Studies from the Université de Provence in France.
Since 2002 she has had many solo exhibitions in France and Germany and has participated in numerous group shows in France, Canada, Slovenia, Ireland and China. Her artistic work is in numerous public and private collections in France, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Slovenia, Canada, Brazil, China, Thailand.
Lili ran BLOCK T’s Education Department until 2014 and create SKILLSETS until 2014. She was also a co-initiator of the International Exchange Programmes and one of the main initiators of the LINK Culturefest, the 2012 BLOCK T arts and culture festival in Smithfield.
She has taught in Trinity Arts Workshop and Youthreach.
Lili is a highly experienced, devoted and passionate art teacher.